Google+

Monday, October 22, 2012

Sneak Peek # 3 from Joyce

Happy Monday!  Today we have another sneak peek at a layout created using our upcoming November kit.  Design team member Joyce has created this lovely layout and it comes with a quick tutorial, as well.

Before I show you her layout, I just want to remind all of you that we are having our very first Blog Hop in just a few days.  It will be happening right here on our blog from Friday, October 26 through Monday, October 29.  Be sure to stop by one of those days and follow our Blog Hop.  There will be numerous prizes up for grabs along the way.  I can't give away too much, but I know there will be more than 10 prizes! 

"Devoted Sisters" by Joyce Lawrence

I had just finished browsing a site that featured pictures of vintage corsets and ladies bodices of beautiful gowns, and as I started working on my last layout for the November kit, my eye caught a glimpse of a specific design in the lace that is in the kit. It reminded me of some of the bodice work in the vintage gowns I had viewed. I took a sketch I created for a page I did in our October kit and manipulated it so that I could replicate some of the vintage bodice gown work on paper. I really like how the lacy bits look with the buttons sewn on. A soft brown Shimmerz spray was used to make the white lace look aged and worn.

I got so much use out of that Prima vine in the kit, and I think I used portions of it on most of my November pages. On this page, I applied gesso to the Prima vine lily flowers and let the red bleed through so that it would turn into a soft pink color to go with the colors in the page. Distress Stain metallic copper was applied to the Prima vine leaves.

The clock was created with a clock stamp and an application of one splatter each of Distress Stain Sugar Spun and Antique Linen was applied on top of the stamped image. When the stain dried, I applied Glossy Accent Crackle and let it dry overnight, then smeared a little dark brown Distress ink into the cracks and finished the edge of the clock off with the Distress Stain copper metallic color. The Scrap Ex flourish was embellished with a soft pink Liquid Pearl.

 
 Over the years my mom and her sisters would often talk about their wonderful pet Scottie they had as children during WWII. Fortunately, I had this old punch of a Scottie in my punch collection to add to the page. He looks so cute dressed up in 7 Dots paper.


From the Flower Add-On:

Prima: Valentine Vine: Red
Prima: Serenade: Pink

From the Embellishment Add-On:

From the 7 Dots Studio Add-On:

7 Dots Studio: Domestic Goddess: Stickers 12x12
7 Dots Studio: Domestic Goddess: Alpha Stickers: Raspberry Muffin

From my Personal Stash:

Embroidery Thread
Beads
Scottie Punch
Bits of Tule
Liquid Pearl
Buttons
Ink
Stamps
Crafter’s Workshop Harlequin mask (6x6)
Glimmer Mist

6 comments:

  1. gulp - picking my jaw up from the floor ... this layout is beyond stunning ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is absolutely stunning, and full of lovely details to immerse in and admire.Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page!!!
    LOVE the clock!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clock and the pink Liquid Pearls on the swirl. Really lovely.

    xo Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty Joyce! Awesome little touches and great visual triangle!!

    ReplyDelete