Google+

Monday, April 20, 2015

Dana's May Kit Projects

Hi C'est Magnifique fans! Dana here today sharing the layouts and mini album that I created with the May Main Kit, May Flower and Embellishment Add-Ons and the May Magnifique Mixed Media Kit. I have to say that I absolutely love this kit! There are 32 pieces of patterned paper in this kit and they are all different. The mix of floral prints, dots, stripes and doilies in a colorful palette was super fun to work with. If you're an artist that likes to color with the entire box of crayons, this kit is for you!

Personal Supplies: Acrylic Paint, Stamps

I'm a big fan of fussy cutting and snipped colorful blooms and leaves from the patterned papers to help fill out my flower clusters on this layout that features a photo of my niece.


I used the stencil from the Mixed Media Kit with blue acrylic paint to add the Persian Gate design to the background of this page.


I used the Clearsnap Colorbox Sky Blue Pigment Brush Pad to stamp flowers onto the background of the page. I then lightly brushed the Prima Gold Mica Powder over the wet ink for a shimmery finish.

 Personal Supplies: Gel Medium, Stencil

I used one of my favorite photos of my daughters for this layout. I mixed Prima Gold Mica Powder with gel medium and then spread it over a stencil to create the two gold doilies on the base of this page.


I love the bee stickers included in the Kaisercraft Forget Me Not Sticker Sheet and added them around my flower clusters.


This Kaisercraft specialty die-cut paper is my favorite item from the May Main Kit. I played up the flower theme by adding more flowers and a photo of my beautiful Sister-in-Law.


I used a piece of flower packaging as a photo mat that I dressed up a bit with some decorative brass corners.


I created several flower clusters with stitched die-cuts, wooden flourished and glittery roses.


I added a title to this page with the different alphabet stickers in the Main Kit.

Personal Supplies: Tim Holtz Hardware
Lastly, I altered the Prima Gatefold Journal from the Mixed Media Kit. I covered the entire album, inside and out, with patterned paper and then embellished the cover with die-cuts, flowers, leaves, buttons and colorful twine. The only thing I need to finish it are pictures!

I hope I have inspired you! Thanks so much for stopping by today! The May Add-Ons and the Mixed Media Kit are available for purchase now from the C'est Magnifique Store. The May Main Kit will be available on April 30th.

2 comments: